There are thousands of pets needing homes in shelters and rescues. Often the senior pets get overlooked as everyone wants a cute kitten or puppy. But there are great benefits to adopting a senior pet. Below are just a few. Please consider adding a senior pet to your home.
- An older pet is calmer and less rambunctious
- Senior pets have a lot of love to give
- They have already learned their manners
- They are less likely to destroy your furniture
- They are happy to sleep often but are still up for adventures
- They are extremely grateful to have a soft place to rest their tired bodies
- You have literally saved more than 1 life… The senior pet you adopted and the animal that replaced the pet you adopted